Eyes that Perceive
We have a favorite family restaurant we like to visit on Sundays. The girls love the kids’ menus because they include activities to keep them busy. Sometimes, they have a word search competition to see who can find all the words before our food arrives. Our younger daughter, Camila, is just learning to read and doesn’t understand how her sisters find the words. To her, it's a jumble of letters, and she gets frustrated because she can’t make out the words. I often help by pointing out the words and reassure her that as she gets older and learns to read, it will get easier to read between the lines and find the words hidden in the puzzle.
As I was helping her find the words, I was reminded of the verse describing people who will “keep on hearing, but not understand” and “keep on seeing, but not perceive” (Isaiah 6:9).
Perception is more than just seeing—it's discovering new meaning, reading between the lines, and uncovering deeper truths. Just as I guided Camila through the jumble of letters to reveal the hidden words, the Holy Spirit invites us to look beyond Scripture's surface. He enables us not only to read the stories but also to discover the wisdom and truth beneath, helping us gain a richer, more meaningful understanding.



Comments
Post a Comment