Readiness
When my husband and I discovered we were expecting last year, we were totally caught off guard. I was not ready. We had just sent our youngest to kindergarten, and I finally had more time to myself. I had already made plans for that year, and we decided I would pick up more hours at the office. It took me a little while to wrap my mind around it. But our little girl arrived before we knew it and quickly became our whole world.
So much joy has come from this upset to our projected plans. We would not have it any other way. It made me think about how much we resist change and hate leaving our comfort zone, even though any change God brings will take us to a better place than we were before. Naturally, we don't like to be on the move. We like to stay in the familiar, find a comfortable spot, and stay there as long as we can.
But the more I learned God's ways, the more I realized He never lets us remain stagnant. God gently calls us to step out of what is comfortable and familiar, leading us toward something greater. The people of God in the Old Testament are a great example. As they prepared to leave Egypt, God told them to tuck in their cloaks, put on their sandals, and take their staff in hand—be ready to move. They didn’t know where they were going, but they had to trust God enough to be ready for whatever He had in store.
This also reminds us that our spiritual journey is active—God calls us to keep moving forward in faith. When we come before Him, we need to come with a spirit of readiness and expectation, trusting that He will guide us into something new and good.



Comments
Post a Comment