Forgive

 





A few weeks ago, my six-year-old accidentally dropped my phone, shattering both the front and back screens. She was so scared that she didn't know how to tell me. In tears, she brought me all her birthday money and said she wanted to pay for my phone. I gently explained that it wasn't nearly enough to cover the damages, but I would forgive her. She replied, "You don't understand, Mom. I feel so guilty. I'm so mad at myself." Throughout the day, she tried to make it up to me, saying, "I will make it up to you, Mom." I had all her devotion that day. 


I realized then how powerful forgiveness can be. Her love and affection for me increased when she saw how much I forgave her mistake. This verse from Proverbs 17:9 suddenly made more sense: 


"...Whoever would foster love covers over an offense..." (Proverbs 17:9)


When we lack love and want to strengthen our relationships, we must be willing to forgive their wrongs. Jesus provided us with the ultimate example by forgiving all our sins. When we truly understand the magnitude of this act, it becomes impossible not to love Him and dedicate ourselves to Him. 


"Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little." (Lu. 7:47)

Comments

Popular Posts